NBCUniversal’s Enterprise Product Team builds products providing essential capabilities to organizations throughout NBCUniversal, including the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, Universal Studios Group, Broadcast Operations, NBC & Telemundo Networks, Cable Entertainment brands, local TV stations and more.
Reporting to the Director of Product, Content Development and Production, we’re looking for a Product Owner to deliver industry-leading solutions for our users as they take film and TV shows through development, production, and post-production workflows. These tools need to be designed to scale and integrate with various systems along our Content Supply Chain.
We leverage deep relationships with our Business Engagement and Engineering counterparts to build cohesive, end to end solutions our clients love to use. These applications make our clients’ days easier with intuitive interfaces, snappy performance, and top-notch reliability.
To succeed in this role you’ll need a love for the TV & Film business and appreciate the creative work that goes into creating our content.
• Build upon, and maintain the Product documentation repository of features and functionality for responsible product
• Document User Stories and Acceptance criteria for core feature sets, as well as future roadmap items
• Identify new forward-thinking functionality to meet new business needs or provide new business/integration opportunities
• Monitor implementation of cross-platform strategies to ensure feature parity across the product portfolio and continued development of highly scalable products (a single product delivery can meet the needs of multiple clients)
• Engage with multiple clients/business units/internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into product features and capabilities for internal development by our engineering partners
• Develop relationships with the various Services teams to determine inter-team dependencies, and work with Product Owners to mitigate risks
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Product Management, or equivalent experience required
• Minimum 1+ years of relevant work experience in the technology or media industry
• Minimum 1+ years’ experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Minimum 1+ years’ experience in a role exhibiting excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, project management, and strong formal presentation abilities
• Expertise in the SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, iteration planning, user story and acceptance criteria writing, rollout management
• Expertise with CRM platforms and data modeling
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY, Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Minimum 1+ years product management experience in media, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches
• At least 2 years of direct client engagement experience
• Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, Technology, or related field
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Experience with using Jira or a similar system to track and maintain feature requirements and development progress
• Natural problem solver, who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment and is highly collaborative