The Accounts Payable Associate provides clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the Company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stamps and sorts incoming mail. Separates into batch categories: those to be reviewed for processing by supervisor, encumbered through the state, encumbered locally, unencumbered, travel, interagency transactions, and multiple payees. Locally unencumbered invoices are matched with agency purchase order copies maintained in the office.
- Assembles categories into batches of 25 or fewer invoices to be completed for payment and alphabetizing. Verifies all addresses and federal I.D. numbers of vendors if available; calculates all extensions and totals on invoices, calculating and taking discounts when applicable; verifies all state and local coding, checking project numbers and grant code numbers; reviews invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval, checking vendor files for any previous payments; assigns batch numbers and voucher numbers, recording into agency log book.
- Types vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, and federal I.D. number, item description, amounts, and state/local coding per State Accounting Policies and Procedures. Makes copies of vouchers, invoices, or correspondence necessary for department or agency files. Calculates batch total for local and state batch balances and card count. Assigns batch header number and gives to supervisor for review. After being reviewed, vouchers are separated for proper distribution to state and vendor, Accounting Department, departments being charged, and Agency files. The purchase order status, vendors, and departments are verified on encumbered purchase order batches.
- Assigns a voucher number and batch header, and verifies for proper coding all multiple payees, travel authorization reimbursements, and interagency transactions as received. Copies are made of vouchers and backup when necessary for file reference.
- Files all Agency copies prepared per above into maintained official vendor files for the Company, according to fiscal years.
- Maintains and records agency log, recording all voucher numbers, batch numbers, purchase order numbers, totals, and card counts for future cross references. Assigns voucher numbers for all payments being sent to the state, including weekly payroll and automatic update, and vouchers for fringe benefits. Maintains federal identification number log of vendors.
- Receives and organizes statements from vendors; checks vendor files for payment of any invoices listed outstanding and calls departments and or vendors in regard to any old outstanding invoices for verification of unpaid, lost, or billed invoices.
- Takes phone calls and answers any questions from departments or vendors in regards to invoice payments.
- Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures; calls department for proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
- Batches and groups any professional services rendered individually or in Multiple Payee Grouping; maintains listing of any payments made for Non-Employee Compensation Maintenance; compiles listing on terminal to consolidate 1099 information for tax purposes to be sent to individual states and federal government.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor, Invoice Processing.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate
- 2 years accounting clerical experience