Job descriptionReq#: 21015979
What You Will Do
Responsible for interacting with patients via verbal and manual (IVR) communication and for maintaining communication records in accordance to policy. This role also provides information, reminders and or support to patients or other call center personnel on a regular basis.
- Works collaboratively with other call center personnel to support and coordinate patient care efforts.
- Manages manual and automated call schedules for patients by assessing Medalogix-identified patients who are at risk for readmission to the hospital.
- Maintains records of customer interactions, recording details of communication, data obtained from interaction, comments, as well as guidance provided and actions taken.
- Responsible for informing Case Managers of identified patients and appropriate follow-up notifications generated by manual or automated calls.
- Investigates, addresses and works to resolve questions and concerns as needed.
- Communicates with call center staff as needed, and at the direction of the Director, to ensure effective coordination.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months experience in healthcare, preferably with telephonic patient interaction.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong computer software and data entry skills.
- Post-secondary education or relevant experience.
- Experience in Home Health operations or scheduling.
- Previous call center or customer service experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.