The Behance team is looking for a senior software engineer to help us positively impact the daily lives of millions of creatives across the world.
Our hardworking team of designers, developers, and community managers work hand-in-hand to create products that connect and empower the creative world. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation.
Do you get excited about solving complex problems and enjoy the freedom of going as deep in the stack as the feature calls for? Are you a curious developer who loves to learn and experiment? From working closely with designers to solving interesting technical problems, this role is all about finding creative solutions to real-world problems.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new insights can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
What you’ll do
- Work very closely with our product and community teams, refining new ideas and offering your technical expertise to shape our products
- Develop and deploy working software to production often using tools like PHP, Neo4j and Kubernetes on the server and Vue on the client. We pride ourselves on safely doing this many times a day and expect you to enjoy shipping code behind feature flags, running A/B tests, and making features available to the user with a flip of a switch
- Review many small pull-requests, as empathetic, friendly, and thorough peer-reviewed PRs are a part of our culture
- Provide a recommendation on the architecture of large features, taking pride in it being as simple and concise as possible
- Dive deep into difficult technical problems across the stack, those which can truly benefit from your expertise
What you need to succeed
- Empathy for—and a laser-focus on—the user experience and the product
- Thrive on collaborating on a cross-functional team
- You are self-guided and enjoy the autonomy that comes from clear goals and high-level direction
- Strong desire to learn and a yearning to share that new knowledge
- Have the ability to effectively articulate your opinions and an open mind to changing them