JazzHR’s engineering team builds cutting-edge products designed to provide a better hiring experience for both applicants and hiring teams. We tackle big technical challenges for systems at scale every day.
Our team is built on mutual respect and trust. We emphatically embrace a culture of continued learning and growth, and are empowered to innovate, explore, and utilize our expertise to craft the right solutions for our customers.
Our team values kindness and curiosity, driven by the desire to try, reflect, and adapt. We’re seeking an experienced engineer to join our Systems and Infrastructure team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service for the JazzHR SaaS application hosted on AWS
- Assist in migrating service workers to Kubernetes
- Design and implement policies for service redundancy and scaling
- Architect, improve, maintain, and add automation to new and existing systems
- Write and maintain software to support the operation, development, deployment and testing of business-focused SaaS applications
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Work successfully as a part of a team and independently
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Participate in a low-volume on-call rotation to handle escalated alarms
What you’ll bring:
- 1-2 years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a Linux systems administrator or engineer
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud providers
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible and Saltstack
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, etc
- Solid Bash, Python, or GoLang scripting skills
- Great communication skills with a willingness to pair/swarm on critical issues and engage with your teammates to solve challenging problems
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL datastores and search engines such as Mongo and Elasticsearch
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with container systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Competency in relational SQL databases such as MySQL
- Experience with IaC tooling such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- A strong understanding of web technologies such as REST APIs
- Experience with securing systems
This is a remote-friendly position. While we anticipate reopening our offices in the future, once it’s safe for our team to return, there is no requirement to work from the office.