- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience creating content for a technical audience (such as developer documentation, CS course materials, and/or IT admin playbooks).
- Experience in technologies such as software or hardware systems by investigation, direct experimentation (e.g., reading or running code), and/or interactions with Subject Matter Experts.
- Experience with source controls systems and command line tools
- Experience working with Angular or alternative (front-end) web development frameworks (e.g. React, Vue)
- Experience with web development frameworks
- Experience producing high quality technical content for a large developer audience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
About the job
Enable building web applications that users love to use and developers love to build, all in a community where everyone feels welcome.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $110,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from the Angular team and other cross-functional teams across Google to understand product concepts, capabilities, and critical developer journeys
- Lead the technical work and project, working with other technical writers on the team to produce high quality technical documentation for a large, complex documentation project
- Educate developers by breaking down complex concepts and capabilities into clear and easy to understand documentation, including guides, tutorials and reference documentation for internal or external developer audiences
- Review, proofread, and edit technical documentation written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills